For your blog viewing pleasure, I am going to give you a list of the top ten songs of 1997, my graduating year. Personally, I think that most of these songs suck, and I immersed myself in hair bands and classic rock during the time, but what can you do? So here they are, the 1997 Billboard Top Ten of 1997!
10. Wannabe, Spice Girls
9. How Do I Live, LeAnn Rimes
8. Return of the Mack, Mark Morrison
7. Don’t Let Go (Love), En Vogue
6. I Believe I Can Fly, R. Kelly
5. Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down, Puff Daddy
4. Un-Break My Heart, Toni Braxton
3. I’ll Be Missing You, Puff Daddy and Faith Evans
2. Foolish Games/You Were Meant for Me, Jewel
1. Candle in the Wind, Elton John
Oh. Wow. ’97 was a terrible, terrible musical year! I’m ashamed of myself for bringing it up. I’ll be sitting in the corner if you need me. I want to ask what the top ten songs were of YOUR graduating year, but perhaps we all learned a valuable lesson here…the public at large has no musical taste. But if you’re brave enough to take the heat, let me know!
I received the most devastatingly gorgeous mask picture today! I immediately ran and showed it to my husband, it was so striking! Keep it coming, authors. I can’t wait to run them. The original call for your sexy mysterious selves is HERE.
And Monday I will tell you that awesome, awesome pitch session advice that I promised. Thanks for your patience. Rock on!